Suncoast Waterkeeper and the Healthy Pond Collaborative seek a dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starter passionate about water quality on the Suncoast. The Suncoast Waterkeeper Program Assistant is an entry-level, full- to part-time, two-year funded position with the primary responsibilities of managing and communicating quantitative and qualitative data using ArcGIS Story Maps. Specifically, the Program Assistant will assist the Executive Director in collecting, creating, and organizing reports related to specific projects and turning those reports into engaging story maps. Information and results will also be posted to social media to engage the community in the efforts of Suncoast Waterkeeper and the Healthy Pond Collaborative.
The position is jointly funded by the Healthy Pond Collaborative (HPC) and the Suncoast Waterkeeper (SCWK). The Assistant will be employed by the Suncoast Waterkeeper and will report directly to the Executive Director.
The mission of Suncoast Waterkeeper is to protect and restore Florida Suncoast’s waterways through litigation, environmental monitoring, advocacy, and community engagement for the benefit of all. Our focus is on the coastal waterways of Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
PROGRAM ASSISTANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
These descriptions are general responsibilities and are not intended to describe all the responsibilities and performances expected of the Program Assistant.
- A Bachelor's degree or near completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study such as geography, earth sciences, sustainability, environmental sciences, and/or environmental studies. We will also consider the relevant experience that may be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
- Passion for the Suncoast Waterkeeper mission and a love of the outdoors.
- Proven track record of being reliable.
- Flexible schedule with the capability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate members of two organizations and volunteers.
Suncoast Waterkeeper is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, contractors, volunteers, and members of our community.
Location of position:
This is a virtual/remote work position with the future possibility of a fixed office.
Salary and benefits:
$17/hour and includes paid leave for 12 major holidays and 14 vacation days.
To apply please submit:
- Cover Letter
- Three References (references will only be contacted during the final round of interviews)
Submit Applications to [email protected] by November 30, 2022.