Marketing and Communications Specialist
Suncoast Waterkeeper, a non-profit clean water advocacy group, seeks a dynamic, enthusiastic, experienced Marketing and Communications Specialist who is also passionate about water quality on the Suncoast. The Suncoast Waterkeeper Marketing and Communication Specialist position is a full-time, two-year funded position with the opportunity for advancement.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing the organization’s communications plan
- Developing dynamic content and managing social media channels
- Growing community awareness about the effectiveness of Suncoast Waterkeeper through in-person and online events, press releases and more.
Ultimately, the Marketing and Communication Specialist is responsible for developing and supervising all marketing and communications strategies for the organization. Thus, the specialist will assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors in managing communications with our stakeholders (the community, elected officials, the media, businesses, and partner organizations) and increase awareness of the role of Suncoast Waterkeeper in protecting our local waters.
The mission of Suncoast Waterkeeper is to protect and restore Florida Suncoast’s waterways through litigation, environmental monitoring, advocacy, and community engagement for the benefit of all. Our focus is on the coastal waterways of Sarasota and Manatee Counties. Learn more by clicking here.
SUMMARY OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
These descriptions are general responsibilities and are not intended to describe all the responsibilities and performances expected of the Marketing and Communication Specialist.
Other assigned tasks as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree or near completion of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or equivalent. We will also consider the relevant experience that may be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
- At least 1 year of direct work experience in marketing and/or communications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in internet marketing techniques and technologies.
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media.
- Proven track record of being reliable.
- Highly effective project management, people management, and time management skills.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Organized and timely.
Location of position: This is a virtual/remote work position with the future possibility of a fixed office. The employee is required to attend meetings, fundraising, and volunteer events. Therefore, employees must live within a reasonable distance from Sarasota/Manatee Counties. Mileage will not be reimbursed.
Salary and benefits:
$48,000 -$55,000 per year plus paid leave for 12 major holidays and 14 vacation days.
To apply, please submit
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio or example of past marketing/communications work.
- Three References (we will only contact references during the final round of interviews)
Submit Applications to [email protected] by April 6, 2023. Application review will begin on March 20, 2023.
Suncoast Waterkeeper is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, contractors, volunteers, and community members.