DOUBLE YOUR DONATION! Donate between noon on April 26 and noon and 27th to get your donation matched. Are you in? Sign-up today to the join the fight for clean water. Every two years, the Community Foundation of Sarasota County hosts the Giving Challenge. For 24 hours, April 26-27th, the Foundation matches donations from $25 to $100. The threats to our quality of life, local economy and waterways are only growing, but Suncoast Waterkeeper is ready to respond. Together, we've made progress in protecting our waterways, including:
- Helping to stop a bill in the Florida State Legislature that would have led to more destruction of seagrass and manatee habitat.
- Filing a Clean Water Act lawsuit against the State of Florida, Manatee County and HRK Holdings to ensure that Piney Point is safely shut down.
- Providing regular water quality testing throughout the area.
- Organizing forums and advocacy to help address red tide.
- Suing to stop sewage spills in Sarasota, which resulted in the new construction of an advanced wastewater treatment facility at Bee Ridge.
This is just some of the work we do. With your help, we'll be able to continue fighting to protect our water. Can we count on you to help contribute during the Giving Challenge? Double your donation, protect our quality of life, local economy and waterways.
By signing up today, you'll join the Suncoast Waterkeeper Giving Challenge team. Are you in?